Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Tricks and Treats Blog Hop



Hi Everyone! I am linking up with Jessica from Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten for her Tricks & Treats Blog Hop! I am so so so excited to be apart of this linky party! I hope you find my tricks & treats helpful to you and your classroom!




My first trick is a very simple one. Do you ever find yourself wondering how to label your classroom library bins or even your weekly teacher bins???? I spent time thinking what style labels should a make? What font should I use? But then I had an idea.... Bulletin Board Cut outs!!!  I took premade bulletin board letters and numbers laminated them and tapped them into my bin! They look so pretty and the labels are very large so it is easy to see! Looking at them makes me soo happy!




My next TRICK is for classroom management or should I say hallway management! Do you have a hard time finding ways of keeping your kiddies walking nicely and quietly in the hallway? What about behaving like stellar students during specials?!?! In my school we need to keep our students quiet in the hallways so we don't disrupt the learning of other classrooms. Students also, do not always listen to and respect specials teachers as much as their classroom teacher, so to fix this I use COMPLIMENTS to help us be the best we can be in and outside of the classroom!


We can get compliments from any adult in the school. It can be for walking nicely and quietly, for doing a great job in music class, or being super creative and following directions in art class. BUT it has to be a COMPLIMENT for the WHOLE class. Everyone needs to be doing their best. When a compliment is given, once we get back to the classroom we add a letter up to the board. I simply write them on the dry erase board, but you could use bulletin board letters as well. The best part is when we spell out COMPLIMENTS,  my class comes up with ideas for a group reward: extra playground time, pajama day, or even an ice pop party. We then vote and the idea with the most votes is our winner!!!  We have already spelled out COMPLIMENTS and our having our first group reward today!! Bring your favorite stuffed animal to school!




My last trick, is one the I have recently discovered! Go Noodle!! 



It is the best brain break system I have EVER discovered!!!  I did not make or design it, but creative genius' did and I have signed up for my FREE account and so should you! In the morning we do yoga with Maximo and then throughout the day we earn brain breaks to sing and dance to silly songs and even go zumba! After, 10 brain breaks your classroom monster grows and my kinder love love love  watch Freckles Sinclair grow!!







You can find this freebie on my teacher pay teachers store! I use this printable EVERY DAY. The first few days of school I figured out who belongs in aftercare, who goes on a bus, and when children are walkers. I filled out my dismissal log and made a ton of copies. I attached them to my clipboard and its ready to go! If I get a change of dismissal for the day I mark it down on my form in the morning and then when it is the end of the day I just looked to see who goes where. There is no forgetting that someone is changed to aftercare for the day or even the name of someones aunt who is picking up and I know what name to look for when I am checking a drivers license.

I hope you enjoyed my tricks and treats!! If you use any of them in your classroom please stop by and let me know how they work out for you!!

Enter my raffle to win my Letter Sound Puzzles 

     

and my A-Z Letter Review Pages


      





Check out my teachers pay teachers store! This weekend everything is on sale for 20% off!





4 comments:

  1. Love your "compliments" idea and CONGRATULATIONS to your kiddos!!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas! I love Go Noodle and your kids are too stinkin' cute in that picture ;) Thanks for your dismissal log too, adorable!

    Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use a compliment chain. The students add a link to our paper chain every time we receive a compliment in the hall or during one of our specials. When our chain reaches the floor we earn our reward. Once our chain is complete I will try your idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using precut letters for bins! Thank you. I wanted to share my Whole Class Behavior system with you. I do the compliment reward also and created some board cards that actually spell out the various rewards. Check out my product here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-Caught-Up-Whole-Class-Reward-Word-Cards-1379421

    ReplyDelete