Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summer Time Craft Session

I know everyone has seen this project on Pinterest, but I finally have made it!!! I am talking about the "1st Day of Kindergarten Frame"!!!! It is SO SO SO cute and very easy to make! I went to my local craft store and bought a cheap wooden frame. It had to be large enough to fit all of the letters across it but, small enough that it wasn't to heavy for my little kinders to hold up when it is picture time!



I used bright green paint that I had in the garage. We painted our guest bathroom this green... It turned out AWFUL! Now that bathroom is a very pretty blue, but HEY! That green paint was meant for something! It is the perfect shade of green for a classroom! I went over to my friend Linda's house the other day to make this project. Don't you just love teacher crafting hang outs??? They are my favorite way to get together with friends! We painted our frames. It need two coats, to not see any of the wood peeking through the paint. It took awhile to dry, while we waited my Linda and I chatted about other school projects we could do over the summer while drinking seltzer (Yummy raspberry lime!! My favorite!)and snacking on cheez its! So kinder of us! LoL Once the frames we completely dry we hot glued the already pre-cut letters I bought from the local teacher store. I got 3 inch letters which fit perfectly! I then painted my wooden apple and added my name to it!

This will be such a FABULOUS thing to have for the first day of school! I CAN NOT wait to take my kinder kiddies pictures in it and then later give it to their parents as a gift!! This is something parents will keep and cherish forever! 


CHEESEEE :) 
Kristen
x

No comments:

Post a Comment